Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's the embarrassing piece in your music collection?

On the radio this morning the DJs were asking what CD or tape listeners had in their collections that they were embarrassed by. This made me chuckle.

First, let me say I am thrilled to be able to listen to actual DJs and not a syndicated program. It's one of the nice things about living in a city that hasn't been completely taken over by the corporate air waves.

But as to the question, this made me think. I own a lot of CDs and records and, for the most part, I am not sure I am embarrassed by any of them. If you ask me why I own something I typically have a good explanation.

With that being said, you will never find something by Nickleback in my collection. If it is there, I guarantee someone left it and I put in a book to keep it safe.

So to find my most embarrassing CD I have to take a stroll back through my past. I once owned a copy of Madonna's song Rain on a cassette. Not sure this would be an embarrassing piece or not.

Some folks might think that The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack would have been an embarrassing piece as well. However, if you are one of my friends, you listened to it with me. I own the soundtrack on vinyl now. Yep, not embarrassed.

Wow, this is pretty hard. I can't think of much that I would remotely consider embarrassing. I never owned a Spice Girls CD. Thank God.

I did own Ace of Base once. But I actually enjoyed it. I wouldn't buy it now mind you; it's a bit to poppy for my tastes.

So what about you? Is there a CD or tape that you own that you hide from your friends? Do you have that one piece in your collection that you pull out when it's only you home and then run frantically to put away when there is a knock at the door?

No comments:

Post a Comment