Monday, November 16, 2015

Trying Legacy Miracles this weekend

My friend, Mr. Z, and I have decided we want to hit a Legacy Magic tournament this coming weekend. Our local Legacy community is not that strong, so we will be forced to travel about 150 miles. This, of course, depends on the weather here in northern Wyoming.

This will be my first Legacy event outside our local FNMs (which usually bring 9-10 players) and I am excited. I have two Legacy decks built, Tin Fins and Miracles, and am trying to determine which one I want to play.

So far I am leaning towards Miracles. I know, “Don’t be that guy!” But that’s the choice I think I am going to make.

My Miracles deck is much like any other Miracles deck. This means I want to get Sensei’s Divining Top and Counterbalance into play to control the game until I can set up an Entreat the Angels and win.

I am trying something different though as I am splashing in red to run Bonfire of the Damned. Bonfire defeated me many a time when it was in Standard and I think it would be fun to try.

I suspect that I may not make a lot of friends as this tournament playing this deck. At least not while we are playing. But I think it might be a better choice than setting up a first turn Griselbrand into Emrakul with Tin Fins.

What’s your favorite Legacy deck? Comment below to let us know.

UWR Miracles

Spells
4 x Force of Will
3 x Ponder
4 x Brainstorm
4 x Counterbalance
4 x Sensei's Divining Top
2 x Supreme Verdict
1 x Entreat the Angels
2 x Counterspell
1 x Council's Judgement
3 x Terminus
4 x Swords to Plowshares
1 x Bonfire of the Damned

Creatures
2 x Monastery Mentor

Planeswalker
2 x Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Lands
1 x Karakas
2 x Tundra
2 x Volcanic Island
2 x Plateau
2 x Arid Mesa
2 x Flooded Strand
5 x Island
5 x Plains
2 x Karakas

Sideboard
1 x Ponder
2 x Flusterstorm
2 x Blood Moon
2 x Vendillion CLique
2 x Pyroblast
2 x Blue Elemental Blast
2 x Red Elemental Blast
2 x Rest in Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment