Monday, December 21, 2015

Today, I want:

This was originally just a post on Facebook highlighting how I felt that day. Apparently a lot of people really enjoyed it so I thought I would post it here. I would love to make these things come true. In fact, since posting this, I have thought more and more about how to make these a reality. It's possible.


Today I want: To live in a Hobbit hole; travel the world playing Magic at every game store I come across; hug a friend and tell them Merry Christmas; sing songs in the rain, with my wife, at the top of my lungs; drive a car in the winter with the top down; grow a garden, eat all the vegetables, then grow another garden; tell five people they are pretty special, if not to me then to someone; go to a church, one of every religion, and hug someone inside; walk away from my job and do what I want to do every day; join hands with someone on the sidewalk and sing with them hopefully forming a chain spanning at least one block on Main street; high-five my boys because they are awesome and they don't even know it; walk into the ocean and have a seat; see the waves off the coast Hawaii as they splash down; love myself for me; do something amazing yet not let just anyone tell me what amazing is, instead let the person that I do it for tell me, "That was amazing." I want to see one day, just one day of peace. Lofty goals, I know. But it's possible - perhaps one day. Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment