Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Using steampunk to break up the monotony

I am struggling to find something, anything to write about. I think it is possibly because I am pretty bored right now. Bored in work, life, cyber-life; you get the point.

I need a change. But, sadly, I don't know what that change should be. I am starting to go to the YMCA today to further my excursive routines. That may help some. But I feel I need more. I just don't know what.

I have ideas for a short story/book that I would like to develop but I am completely uninspired. What to do, what to do.

Have any of you ever felt like this? Completely uninspired and, well, bored? If so, what did, or do, you do to break out of it? I am very curious about this.

Some of the things I am trying to do include, focusing on nutrition (I am a portly fellow and need to trim several pounds), playing my guitar more, reworking excursive routines, looking at possibly joining a club, and coming up with creative projects.

Actually, that's something I could write about. A project that my youngest son, Aydin, and I want to work on. We want to take a Maverick Nerf pistol and give it a steampunk make over.

Our plan is to head to Ben Franklin's Craft store and see if we can find gears, cogs, pipes, hoops, rings and anything else we can think of.

Once we obtain these items we will spray the gun with a thin coat of black primer, then, using my Warhammer paints, we will dry brush some metal coloring onto it. Giving it a worn metal look. We will mix in some copper and gold to add to the appearance.

I got the idea when I learned about steampunk yesterday. What is steampunk? It is a cross between Victoian time and the future. Think Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It creates an interesting juxtaposition of genres.

So anyway, that's the plan. Hopefully it comes out well. If it does, then we will do another one. I would like to do a steampunk themed photo shoot using Vincent and Aydin as my models. That could turn out really interesting. If she will let me, I would include Sheree in this as well. Maybe even Harold if he is up for it.

For more about steampunk check out http://www.steampunk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment